A 30,000-bushel wooden grain elevator at Inglis, on the CPR Russell Subdivision in what is now the Rural Municipality of Riding Mountain West, was built in 1922 by Paterson Grain. A balloon annex was built beside it in 1949, increasing its total capacity to 65,000 bushels. A second annex built in 1953 raised the capacity to 90,000 bushels. Closed in 1995, the complex is now part of a museum.
The former Paterson grain elevator at Inglis (2010)
Source: Bernie Freeman
Site Location (lat/long): N50.94466, W101.24890
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Inglis Grain Elevators National Historic Site (Inglis, RM of Riding Mountain West)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Reliance Grain Elevator A / Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator A / United Grain Growers Grain Elevator 2 (Inglis, RM of Riding Mountain West)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Reliance Grain Elevator B / Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator B / United Grain Growers Grain Elevator 3 (Inglis, RM of Riding Mountain West)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: National Grain Elevator / Cargill Grain Elevator (Inglis, RM of Riding Mountain West)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: United Grain Growers Grain Elevator (Inglis, RM of Riding Mountain West)
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and Bernie Freeman.
Page revised: 1 October 2017
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.