Historic Sites of Manitoba: Hutchinson House / First Unitarian Universalist Church (603 Wellington Crescent, Winnipeg)
This two-storey stone house in the Crescentwood area of Winnipeg was designed by Montreal architects George A. Ross and David H. MacFarlane, and built between 1912 and 1914 for Hodgson W. Hutchinson. In 1996, the Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg purchased the building and added a sanctuary on the east side.
Photos & Coordinates
“Presentation made to Ardath Pridham,” Winnipeg Tribune, 31 May 1947, page 19.
Crescentwood: A History by Randy R. Rostecki, The Crescentwood Home Owners Association, 1993.
Henderson’s Winnipeg and Brandon Directories, Peel’s Prairie Provinces, University of Alberta Libraries.
Hodgson Wilberforce Hutchinson House, 603 Wellington Crescent by Murray Peterson, Peterson Projects, December 2009.
Page revised: 14 March 2020
Back to top of page