Historic Sites of Manitoba: Homewood School No. 1456 (Homewood, RM of Dufferin)
The Homewood School District was established in April 1908 and a one-room schoolhouse operated in Homewood in the Rural Municipality of Dufferin. In 1964, the district was dissolved and its area became part of the Carman Consolidated School District. In 2018, a commemorative monument was erected nearby, beside a monument for the first helicopter flight in Canada.
Among the teachers of Homewood School was Ida E. Brown Sanderson (1945-1947).
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Manitoba Permit Teachers of World War II, compiled by Louisa Loeb, Winnipeg: Hyperion Press Ltd., 2007.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 4 November 2018
Back to top of page