Historic Sites of Manitoba: Broad Valley Cemetery / Homewood Bergthaler Mennonite Cemetery (Dufferin)
This small cemetery along Provincial Highway 305 in the Municipality of Dufferin was established in 1934. Originally part of a farm owned by Martin A. Hiebert, he donated land to the Homewood Mennonite Church for its establishment. The Hiebert farm was located directly south of the cemetery. Only a tree remains there now to mark the yard site.
Broad Valley Cemetery / Homewood Bergthaler Mennonite Cemetery (2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.59112, W97.82421
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Broad Valley School No. 1823 (RM of Dufferin)
The Rural Municipality of Dufferin: 1880-1980 compiled by June M. Watson with the Dufferin History Book Committee, 1982, page 226.
This page was prepared by Tim Schlegel and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 31 January 2015
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.