Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: High Bluff Presbyterian Church / High Bluff United Church (High Bluff, RM of Portage la Prairie)

This former church in High Bluff, in the Rural Municipality of Portage la Prairie, began life in 1890 as High Bluff Presbyterian Church. It became a United Church following the 1925 merger of the Presbyterian, Congregational, and Methodist faiths in Canada. Closed in 2004, its roll was transferred to Trinity United Church in Portage la Prairie and the former church building is presently used as a bed and breakfast.

Among the clerics of High Bluff United Church was Hugh Hamilton (c1929).

The former High Bluff United Church

The former High Bluff United Church (June 2017)
Source: George Penner

Site Location (lat/long): N50.01958, W98.14798
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: High Bluff Methodist Cemetery (RM of Portage la Prairie)

Historic Sites of Manitoba: McKenzie Cemetery (RM of Portage la Prairie)

Sources:

We thank Rose Kuzina and Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.

This page was prepared by George Penner.

Page revised: 22 April 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.