Historic Sites of Manitoba: S. R. Henderson Cairn (1490 Henderson Highway, Winnipeg)
This field stone monument was erected in 1928 on the grounds of Lord Kitchener School (now John Pritchard School) at 1490 Henderson Highway in Winnipeg. The cairn was erected by the Manitoba Good Roads Association and dedicated in July 1930. Samuel Robert Henderson had been the president of the Association from its inception in 1909 until his death in 1928.
S. R. Henderson Cairn (2010)
Source: City of Winnipeg
Site Location (lat/long): N49.94663, W97.08548
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Lord Kitchener School / John Pritchard School (1490 Henderson Highway, Winnipeg)
Information for this page was provided by The City of Winnipeg’s Planning, Property and Development Department, which acknowledges the contribution of the Government of Manitoba through its Heritage Grants Program.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 17 March 2013
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.