Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator (Hazelridge, RM of Springfield)
A 40,000-bushel wooden grain elevator at Hazelridge, on the CPR Keewatin Subdivision in the Rural Municipality of Springfield, was built in 1951 by Ogilvie Flour Mills, replacing a 25,000-bushel elevator from 1911. Expanded to 85,000 bushels with a crib annex added in 1954, the facility was sold to Manitoba Pool Elevators in 1959. Renovated in 1976, the elevator was closed in December 1988 and later demolished.
Agents / Buyers
Photos & Coordinates
“Elevator at Hazelridge,” Manitoba Free Press, 19 August 1911, page 40.
Manitoba Pool Fonds, S. J. McKee Archives, Brandon University.
“Elevator battle looming,” Brandon Sun, 15 August 1988, page 3.
“The early days of Hazelridge,” Steinbach Carillon, 1 June 1998, page 15.
Obituary [Ted Burek], Winnipeg Free Press, 13 June 2003.
We thank Joel Bouchard and Russell Kroeker for providing information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 5 July 2021