Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 142 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Hazelgrove School No. 798 (Municipality of North Cypress-Langford)

The Hazelgrove School was built in 1894, at this site in what is now the Municipality of North Cypress-Langford, and a porch was added in 1909. It closed in 1917 when Wellwood Consolidated School was built. In 1949, the building was sold and moved away.

Hazelgrove School commemorative monument

Hazelgrove School commemorative monument (May 2013)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.01956, W99.29375
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

This page was prepared by Allan Drysdale and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 6 February 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2021 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.