The Harrower School District was organized formally in September 1909 and a school operated on this site in the Rural Municipality of Strathclair, from 1910 to 1926 when it was moved to another site.
Sign at the former site of Harrower School (July 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N50.54313, W100.48441
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Harrower School No. 1513 (RM of Strathclair)
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 5 November 2014
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.