This 2½-storey brick home was designed in 1902 by C. C. Chisholm and built by William Brydon and F. Powell for $6,500. Its first resident was James W. Harris and his wife Susan. It was slightly renovated through the years until being converted into office space in 1977 by William Hanuschak and Associates Limited. The building is a municipally-designated historic site.
Memorable Manitobans: John Walter Harris (1845-1926)
Memorable Manitobans: Susan Elizabeth Smith Harris (1858-1918)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
John Walter Harris House (26 Edmonton Street), City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee, January 1998.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 11 January 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.