Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Hall School No. 2295 (Municipality of Minitonas-Bowsman)

The Hall School District, named for local resident Dick Hall, was organized formally in February 1939. It operated a one-room schoolhouse at SW17-38-25W in the Rural Municipality of Minitonas. The school closed in June 1967. The building was moved to SW11-38-25W but a plaque erected in 1987 commemorates it at the original site.

Among the teachers of Hall School were Sylvia M. Reid (1939-1941), Phyllis Taylor (1965), and Kathy Giles (1966-1967).

Hall School commemorative plaque

Hall School commemorative plaque (July 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N52.26010, W101.00119
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

Boots, Buggies & Buses: Swan Valley Schools in Quest of Education, Swan Valley School Division No. 35, circa 1998.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 3 February 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.