Historic Sites of Manitoba: Greenwich School No. 2005 (RM of Brokenhead)
The Greenwich School District was established in August 1918 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at SW36-13-6E in the Rural Municipality of Brokenhead. In 1966, the district was dissolved and its area became part of the Garson-Tyndall Consolidated School District No. 2450 and later the Agassiz School Division.
Among the teachers of Greenwich School was Phyllis Ward Johnson (1942-1943).
Selkirk topographic map, 62I/2, Edition 2, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Manitoba Permit Teachers of World War II, compiled by Louisa Loeb, Winnipeg: Hyperion Press Ltd., 2007.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 7 August 2015
Back to top of page