The Greenbank School District was formally established in April 1925 and a school building operated in the southwest quarter of 8-6-1 east of the Principal Meridian, in the Rural Municipality of Morris. In 1967, the district was dissolved and students from the area went to Rosenort Consolidated School No. 2455.
Greenbank School (no date) by A. J. Manning
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-3, page 99.
Site Location (lat/long): N49.46562, W97.43496
denoted by symbol on the map above
Manitoba Organization: Morris-Macdonald School Division School District No. 19
Cummin’s Rural Directory Map for Manitoba published by the Cummins Map Company, 404 Chambers of Commerce, Winnipeg, 1923. [Copies held by Edward M. Ledohowski and Gordon Goldsborough]
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Aerial photograph A11638-138 , Manitoba Air Photo Library.
We thank Mariette Allen for assistance in locating an aerial photograph of Greenbank School.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 9 December 2014
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.