Historic Sites of Manitoba: Glover Creek School No. 2304 (RM of Mountain)
The Glover Creek School District was organized formally in June 1944 and, as of the following year, a one-room schoolhouse operated at the southwest corner of SW4-42-25W in the Rural Municipality of Mountain. The school closed permanently in June 1967 and the district was dissolved. Its catchment area became part of the Swan Valley School Division.
Among the teachers of Glover Creek School were Don Cowan (1945) and Helen Moshenko.
School District Formation Files [Glover Creek School District No. 2304], GR1688, E0027, Archives of Manitoba.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Boots, Buggies & Buses: Swan Valley Schools in Quest of Education, Swan Valley School Division No. 35, circa 1998.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 18 May 2015
Back to top of page