A monument in the Municipality of Prairie View marks the former site of Glenlochar School. Originally established in May 1906, it became part of the Miniota Municipal School District No. 149 in April 1919. It is, as yet, unknown when the school ceased operation. The building is no longer present at the site.
Glenlochar School (no date) by H. L. Albright
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-1, page 51.
Glenlochar School monument (September 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N50.12298, W100.96578
denoted by symbol on the map above
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 17 June 2017
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.