Historic Sites of Manitoba: MEC Grain Elevator / Wiley Low Grain Elevator / Federal Grain Elevator (Fallison, Municipality of Louise)

A wooden grain elevator at the Fallison siding, on the CPR Fallison Subdivision in what is now the Municipality of Louise, was built in 1916 by the Manitoba Elevator Commission. It was later owned by Wiley Low and Company (1926-1932) and Federal Grain (1932-1962). In 1962, it was demolished and the wood was used to build an elevator at Snowflake.

Aerial view of grain elevators at Fallison

Aerial view of grain elevators at Fallison (1948)
Source: Manitoba Air Photo Library, A11398-143

Site Location (lat/long): N49.03705, W98.86818
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator (Fallison, Municipality of Louise)

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Fallison Commemorative Marker (Fallison, Municipality of Louise)


This page was prepared by Denis Sabourin and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 19 November 2023

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.

Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!