Historic Sites of Manitoba: Fallison Commemorative Marker (Fallison, Municipality of Louise)
In 1914, the village of Fallison was established in what is now the Municipality of Louise along the CPR Fallison Subdivision. This occurred when local farmer John Fallis petitioned Premier Rodmond Roblin to extend the railway from Snowflake to this point. The grain companies that operated elevators at Fallison included United Grain Growers (1918-1924), Wiley Low and Company (1924-1932), Manitoba Pool (1928-1962), and Federal Grain (1932-1962). The railway line was abandoned in July 1962, the grain elevators closed, and the rails were removed the following month.
A Diary of Snowflake, Manitoba edited by Landon Booker, page 21.
Geographic Names of Manitoba, Manitoba Conservation, 2000.
Manitoba Pool Fonds, S. J. McKee Archives, Brandon University.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and Ed Grassick.
Page revised: 22 February 2019
Back to top of page