Constructed in 1900 by Winnipeg photographer and draftsman Charles Ellis, who owned several boarding houses in the Point Douglas area, this building served as the Ellis home until the late 1970s. In March 2014, it became a municipally-designated historic site.
Ellis House (July 2014)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.90130, W97.11583
denoted by symbol on the map above
Manitoba Photographers: Charles Ellis (1844-1921)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Ellis House, Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee, 2004.
“Homes get heritage designation,” Winnipeg Free Press, 4 March 2014, page B3.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 8 September 2015
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.