Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Pay & Donate in the MHS Online Shop

Endangered Top 10
LG History

Fundraising Dinner 2020

Endangered Top 10
Top 10

Jens Munk at Churchill
Field Trip:

Manitoba History No. 90

No. 90

Memorable Manitobans of 2019
of 2019

War Memorials in Manitoba
in Manitoba

This Old Elevator
This Old

Abandoned Manitoba

Memorable Manitobans

Historic Sites of Manitoba
Historic Sites
of Manitoba

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Dublin School No. 1095 (Municipality of Two Borders)

The Dublin School District was established formally in January 1901, and a one-room frame schoolhouse was erected at SW22-6-28W in what is now the Municipality of Two Borders. The school closed in 1964 and its remaining students went to Reston Consolidated School No. 141. The former school building was sold and removed from the site but a monument dedicated on 27 July 1985 commemorates it.

The teachers of Dublin School were Eva E. Currie (1905-1906), Laura Duncan (1906), Grace Langton (1908-1909), F. Cromie (1909), Jeanetta Crowe (1909-1910), Hattie Belle Willet (1910-1912), Elsie Thomas (1913-1914), Grace Ritchie (1914-1916), Myrtle McArthur (1916-1917, 1919-1920), Bessie King (1917-1918), Florence McArthur (1918-1919), Wilda Manson (1920), Margaret Miller (1921), Gilberta Partridge (1921), Marjorie Willson (1921-1922), V. McMillan (1924-1925), Miss Lennon (1925-1926), Robert Love (1926-1927), Bert Duncan (1927-1928), Louise Ayers (1929-1930), Eva McKay (1930), William Wallace Wright (1931-1939), Bessie Grierson (1940-1941), Pearl White (1941-1942), Gladys Berry (1942-1943), Eileen Kendrick (1943-1944), Kathleen Moir (1944-1945), Marion Jezzard (1945-1946), Elizabeth Oberlin (1946-1947), Kathleen Henderson (1947-1948), Grace Nolan (1948-1956), Ruth Oberlin, Cary Newman, Hazel Brown, Jenetta Curtis, Violet McDougall, Ted Schwaluk (1956-1957, 1958-1959), Holly Rudy (1957-1958), Helen Glod (1957-1958), and Mrs. Alice M. Reeves (1959-1964).

Dublin School

Dublin School (no date) by George Hunter
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-2, page 57.

Dublin School monument

Dublin School monument (October 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Location (lat/long): N49.49493, W101.18906
denoted by symbol on the map above


One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

Trails Along the Pipestone by Pipestone History Project, c1981, page 143. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5648.P56 Tra]

Reflections of Time: A History of the RM of Albert by RM of Albert History Book, 1984. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5648.A43 Ref]

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 21 June 2017

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.

Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

Back to top of page


To report an error on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.