Historic Sites of Manitoba: Ypres School / Dover School No. 1862 (RM of Stuartburn)
Known as the Ypres School District when it was established formally in March 1917, it was renamed Dover School at some point. A one-room schoolhouse operated at SE35-3-7E in the Rural Municipality of Stuartburn. The district was dissolved in 1967 and its catchment area became part of the Boundary School Division. The former school building was later moved to the Gardenton Ukrainian Museum.
St Malo East topographic map, East Sheet 62H/7, Edition 2, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Don Machnee for providing information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 2 August 2016
Back to top of page