MHS Online Fundraising Auction: 21 -28 September 2022

MHS Smarty Party: 20 October 2022

Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Douglas Methodist Church / Douglas United Church (Douglas, RM of Elton)

The United Church in Douglas in the Rural Municipality of Elton was constructed in 1893 as a Methodist church and continued as such until it became a United Church by the act of union in 1925. The church steeple was removed in 1930 and the annex was built in 1957. The closure date for the church was set for 24 June 2018.

Douglas United Church

Douglas United Church (June 2016)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Interior of Douglas United Church

Interior of Douglas United Church (November 2017)
Source: George Penner

Site Location (lat/long): N49.89365, W99.70810
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 30 May 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.