Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Davidson House (135 Hamilton Street, Neepawa)

This two-storey brick house on Hamilton Street in Neepawa was built before 1903. The owners were James Henry Davidson and his wife, Dr. Mary Eleanor Allen, Neepawa’s first female doctor. In 1924, E. P. Boyle purchased the home. The building is listed as historically significant by the Town of Neepawa and the Neepawa Heritage Committee.

Davidson House

Davidson House (February 2020)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.22883, W99.47165
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: James Henry Davidson (1862-1911)

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Davidson House (344 Main Street East, Neepawa)

Sources:

We thank the Neepawa Heritage Advisory Committee for providing additional information used here.

This page was prepared by George Penner and S. Goldsborough.

Page revised: 1 July 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.