Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 142 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Dagg House (39 West Gate, Winnipeg)

This two-storey brick structure in the Armstrong’s Point area of Winnipeg was designed by local architect David W. Bellhouse and built in 1911 for realtor James G. Dagg. It was rebuilt after a major fire in 1926.

Dagg House

Dagg House (April 2017)
Source: George Penner

Dagg House

Dagg House (March 2020)
Source: Rose Kuzina

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.87806, W97.15864
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: David Wynyard Bellhouse (1861-1952)

Memorable Manitobans: James G. Dagg (1860-1929)

Historical Tours in Manitoba: A Walking Tour of Armstrong’s Point by Patricia Thomson

Sources:

Armstrong’s Point Heritage Conservation District Study, HTFC Planning + Design, May 2016, page 100.

Henderson’s Winnipeg and Brandon Directories, Peel’s Prairie Provinces, University of Alberta Libraries.

This page was prepared by George Penner, Rose Kuzina, and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 28 March 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | Questions | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2021 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.