This one-storey brick residence on Fourteenth Street in Brandon was constructed in 1916 for Mrs. Syllinda T. Cunningham (1863-1952) and her family. They resided here for ten years. Subsequent occupants included Earl Edwin Logan (1891-1959) of the Wheat City Business College, Charles Frederick Peavoy (1895-1975) of the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, and agricultural implements dealer Frank Hill Lawson (1890-1964).
Cunningham House (March 2021)
Source: George Penner
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.83795, W99.95728
denoted by symbol on the map above
Marriage registration [Earl Edwin Logan], Manitoba Vital Statistics.
“Charles F. Peavoy of Metropolitan Life to go to Edmonton branch,” Brandon Sun, 26 November 1935, page 10.
750 14th Street, Heritage Brandon.
Burial transcriptions, Brandon Cemetery.
Charles Frederick Peavoy (1895-1975), Ancestry.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and George Penner.
Page revised: 17 July 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us keep history alive!