This two-storey brick building on Pacific Avenue in Brandon was constructed in 1882 as the Grand View Hotel, one of the city's first hotels. Sometime between 1938 and 1939, it was renamed as the Crystal Hotel.
Called to the Bar: An Historical Geography of Beverage Rooms in Brandon, 1881-1966 by Doug Ramsey and John Everitt
Manitoba History, Number 56, October 2007
We thank Eva Janssen for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 14 September 2023
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.