Historic Sites of Manitoba: Congress Apartments / Boylston Apartments (300 River Avenue, Winnipeg)
The Congress, originally called the Boylston Apartments, was constructed in 1910 on the southwest corner of River Avenue and Lewis Street by owner and local contractor John Moxam. It was designed by architect Herbert E. Matthews. Moxam owned the structure only a year before selling it to lawyer A. J. Andrews. The building is a municipally-designated historic site.
Congress Apartments (May 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.88111, W97.14031
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Congress Apartments (300 River Avenue), City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee, September 1988.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 25 October 2013
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.