The Clemenceau School District was established in March 1919, probably named for French politician Georges Clemenceau (1841-1929), and a one-room schoolhouse operated at SW25-29-29W in what is now the Municipality of Roblin. In 1967, the district was dissolved and its area became part of the Intermountain School Division. A metal sign commemorates the school at its former site.
Among the teachers who worked at Clemenceau School through the years was Mary H. Simpson.
Clemenceau School (no date)
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-3, page 67.
Clemenceau School commemorative sign (May 2014)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N51.54420, W101.45242
denoted by symbol on the map above
Childs Lake East topographic map, 62N/11 East, Edition 2, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 1 April 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at email@example.com.
Help us keep history alive!