Historic Sites of Manitoba: Clear Lake School No. 2135 (Municipality of Harrison Park)
The Clear Lake School District was established in August 1925 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at SW14-19-19W in what is now the Municipality of Harrison Park. In 1962, it was consolidated with the Onanole School No. 2262 to form the Onanole Consolidated School No. 2402, later part of the Rolling River School Division. After the school closed, the building was sold to a local family and renovated into their home. It was later destroyed by fire.
The teachers of Clear Lake School were Laura Emily Wood (1926-1928), Dilys Davies (1928-1929), Ruth Fletcher (1929-1930), Ida Leanne Peterson (1929-1930), John Alexander Ross (1930-1931), Florence Hope Rowley (1931-1938), Minnie Hannah Rowley (1938-1939), Ogden Ross Henderson (1939-1940), Margaret Helen Abbott (1940-1942), Evelyn Grant (1941-1942), Evelyn Louise Dean (1942-1943), William D. Romaniuk (1943-1944), Margaret Tucker (1943-1944), Mrs. Hattie Hetherington (1944-1946), Mrs. Ethel deJersey (1946-1947), Margaret Menzies (1947-1948), Morris Hykawy (1948-1951), Bertha A. Drury (1950-1951), Stanley Petrowski (1951-1952), Caesar Nowalkowski (1953-1954), Vera Ruth LeDrew (1954-1955), George Dutchession (1955-1957), Paul Lukie (1957-1958), Nettie Bereziuk (1958-1959), John Stolarchuk (1959-1960), and Elizabeth Catherine Kay (1960-1962).
Elphinstone East topographic map, 62K/9 East, Edition 1, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
The School District of Pozir #2206 by the Pozir School and District Reunion Committee, April 1998, page 19.
Onanole & District by Onanole and District History Committee, 2003. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5649.O63 Ona]
We thank David Halstead for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 1 April 2021