One of Brandon’s most impressive homes, this 2½-storey structure was built in 1905 for Ernest Lisle Christie, founder of the stationary and school supply business that still bears his name. Christie and his family lived here until 1934, and the house was occupied by other family members until 1966. The house was designed by Brandon architect W. A. Elliott and was constructed by the local firm of G. C. Taylor. It is a municipally-designated historic site.
Christie House (October 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.84362, W99.95583
denoted by symbol on the map above
Memorable Manitobans: Ernest Lisle Christie (1864-1934)
MHS Centennial Business: Christie’s Office Plus
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Christie House, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 19 May 2018
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.