Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Chapman Drug Store (143 Fourth Street, Reston, RM of Pipestone)

This two-storey brick building in Reston, in the Rural Municipality of Pipestone, was built in 1907 for physician and pharmacist Dr. A. B. Chapman. It also housed the first telephone switchboard in the area.

The former Chapman Drug Store in Reston

The former Chapman Drug Store in Reston (July 2016)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Location (lat/long): N49.55704, W101.09428
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: Alva Burton Chapman (1863-1961)

Sources:

This page was prepared by Ken Storie and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 20 January 2017

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.