Historic Sites of Manitoba: Cedar Grove School No. 2152 (RM of La Broquerie)
The Cedar Grove School District was established formally in May 1926 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at SE26-5-8E in the Rural Municipality of La Broquerie. The building was destroyed by fire on 18 February 1952. It was rebuilt and operated until 1962 when it closed permanently. The district was dissolved in 1967 and its catchment area became part of the St. Joachim Consolidated School District No. 2378 and later the Seine River School Division.
Among the teachers of Cedar Grove School were Miss Shingleton, Annie Davies (1935-1936), Viola Black (1938-1939), and Mrs. R. Wells (1962).
Marchand West topographic map, 62H/8 West, Edition 2, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
Cedar Grove School, School trustee files, H-14-1-7, E0034, GR1629, Archives of Manitoba.
History of Marchand and Manitoba Dairy Farms by William Davenport, Manitoba Dairy Farms Limited Fonds, P7039/21, Archives of Manitoba.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 15 June 2017
Back to top of page