Historic Sites of Manitoba: Castle Hill School No. 1057 (Municipality of North Cypress-Langford)
The Castle Hill School District was established in March 1900 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at SW4-10-13W in what is now the Municipality of North Cypress-Langford. The district was dissolved in 1967 and its area became part of the Carberry Consolidated School District and later the Beautiful Plains School Division.
Among the teachers of Castle Hill School were Miss Elizabeth Fran (1900) and Constance G. Spratt (?-1941).
Carberry East topographic map, 62G/14 East, Edition 1, Series A743 [UFS Reference Collection].
The Carberry Plains: 75 Years of Progress. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5648.C36 Car]
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 12 March 2017
Back to top of page