Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Carlingville School No. 460 (Municipality of Prairie View)

A monument marks the second site of Carlingville School in what is now the Municipality of Prairie View. Established formally in July 1885, the school building was moved here from its original location in 1912. It closed in 1918 and became part of the Crandall Consolidated School No. 460 in the nearby village of Crandall.

Carlingville School monument

Carlingville School monument (October 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Location (lat/long): N50.18149, W100.82906
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Carlingville School No. 460 (Municipality of Prairie View)

Sources:

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 17 June 2017

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.