Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 142 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Carlingville School No. 460 (Municipality of Prairie View)

A monument marks the original site of Carlingville School in the Municipality of Prairie View. Established formally in July 1885, a school building was erected here the following year. In 1912, it moved to another location where it would operate until 1918. At that time, it closed and became part of the Crandall Consolidated School No. 460 in nearby Crandall.

Carlingville School commemorative monument

Carlingville School commemorative monument (October 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.16710, W100.80403
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Carlingville School No. 460 (Municipality of Prairie View)

Sources:

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 3 February 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | Questions | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2021 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.