Historic Sites of Manitoba: Carberry News Express Building (34 Main Street, Carberry)
In 1910, the Carberry News Express newspaper was founded when James L. Cowie arrived in town and united the two existing weeklies, the News and the Express. It occupied this building along Main Street in Carberry, built in the late 1890s. The two-storey part originally housed a bank and the one-storey part had been a pool hall and barber shop. It is now a municipally-designated historic site.
Carberry News Express Building (April 2010)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.86700, W99.35925
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
MHS Centennial Business: Carberry News-Express
Carberry News Express Building, 34 Main Street, Carberry, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 20 July 2015
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.