Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 142 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Thelma J. Call Park (1950 Chancellor Drive, Winnipeg)

This Winnipeg park was named for Thelma Jean Opseth Call and situated next to R. H. G. Bonnycastle School where she was its first Principal. A monument was erected by the Assiniboine Park / Fort Garry Community Committee here in 1983, in tribute of her dedication to both the students of her school and to the development of these grounds as a park. This site is commemorated as Thelma J. Call Park.

Commemorative monument in Thelma J. Call Park

Commemorative monument in Thelma J. Call Park (September 2017)
Source: Nathan Kramer

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.81171, W97.16369
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

This page was prepared by Nathan Kramer.

Page revised: 8 September 2019

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2021 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.