Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Burchill and Howey Block (908 Rosser Avenue, Brandon)

Designed by Brandon architect William Alexander Elliott, this three-storey brick block was built for W. Jason Burchill, who operated a meat packing plant, butcher shop and other business ventures from 1884 to 1923. It is a municipally-designated historic site (1990).

Burchill and Howey Block

Burchill and Howey Block (October 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.84844, W99.95031
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites

Sources:

Burchill and Howey Block, 908 Rosser Avenue, Brandon, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 21 January 2022

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.