This vicinity is shown on a 1950 topographic map of Manitoba as being a former location of Brandon House.
Site Location (lat/long): N49.70548, W99.66733
denoted by symbol on the map above
Early Assiniboine Trading Posts of the Souris Mouth Group, 1785-1832: Amplification of a Paper Read Before the Society, November 1928 by David A. Stewart
MHS Transactions, Series 2, No. 5, Published 1930
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Brandon House No. 3 Cairn (RM of Cornwallis)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Fort Assiniboine (Municipality of Glenboro-South Cypress)
Wawanesa East topographic map, 62G/12 East, Edition 2, Series A743 [UFS Reference Collection].
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 2 March 2017
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.