A three-storey brick building at the intersection of Princess Avenue and Ninth Street in Brandon was designed by local architect William Nicholson Lailey and built in 1904. Closed in late 1990s, it reopened in 2005 under new ownership but ultimately closed and was demolished in May 2013.
Memorable Manitobans: William Nicholson Lailey / Marcus O’Dean (1877-1937)
Called to the Bar: An Historical Geography of Beverage Rooms in Brandon, 1881-1966 by Doug Ramsey and John Everitt
Manitoba History, Number 56, October 2007
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 9 October 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.