|
|||||||||||
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Braddock School No. 2136 (RM of Yellowhead)The Braddock School District was organized formally in July 1925, and a school building operated on the northeast quarter of 30-18-22 west of the Principal Meridian in what is now the Rural Municipality of Yellowhead. It closed in 1962 and was moved a half kilometer northwest to its present site. A commemorative monument has been erected on the former school grounds while the former schoolhouse stood vacant at N50.57891, W100.48965 at the time of a July 2012 site visit. Among the teachers of Braddock School were Zelma Peden (1926-1927), Henry F. Hyson (1928), Karl Eric Chambers (1928), Elizabeth Stevenson (1928-1929), John Karasivich (1930), Stephanie Kepron (1930-1931), Emily Mildred Surby (1932-1934), William Raginski (1934-1935), Ann Bosiak (1935-1937), Nicholas Danyluk (1937-1940), Nicholas Pereski (1940-1941), Annie Luhovey Polos (1943-1944), Nicholas Rebenchuk (1945-1946), Margaret Kiez (1946-1947), Marie Marjorie Zatylny (1947-1948), Anne B. Shwaluk (1948-1950), Lois Faith Hope Tutkaluk (1951-1951), Stanley Plewak (1951-1952), Joseph Borody (1952-1953), Grace Isobel Smith (195-1954), Walter Manulak (1954-1956), Howard Zink (1956-1957), Olga K. Kowalchuk (1957-1958), and Leonard P. Maydaniuk (1958-1960).
Sources:One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978. A Study of Public School Buildings in Manitoba by David Butterfield, Historic Resources Branch, Manitoba Department of Culture, Heritage and Tourism, 1994, 230 pages. Manitoba School Records Collection, Braddock School District No. 2136 Daily Registers, GR2061, Archives of Manitoba. This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and Nathan Kramer. Page revised: 11 May 2019
|
|||||||||||
|