Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Boyd Cemetery (RM of Minto-Odanah)

This cemetery, situated east of Bethany in the Rural Municipality of Minto-Odanah, was established in February 1884 when R. C. Boyd donated 1.06 acres of land to a local committee, the Protestant Union Burying Trustees. The committee is still active today and, as of January 1999, there were 293 graves in the cemetery.

Boyd Cemetery

Boyd Cemetery (August 2013)
Source: Ken Storie

Boyd Cemetery

Boyd Cemetery (May 2021)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.31397, W99.73364
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Burial records for cemeteries in the Rural Municipality of Minto

Sources:

This page was prepared by Ken Storie, George Penner, and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 17 January 2022

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.