Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Telephone Exchange Building (106 Russell Street, Binscarth, Municipality of Russell-Binscarth)

This small one-storey building on Russell Street in Binscarth was designed by architect Alexander D. Melville and constructed in 1929 for the Manitoba Telephone System. It became the Binscarth public library in 1973.

Former Telephone Exchange Building at Binscarth

Former Telephone Exchange Building at Binscarth (May 2019)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.62516, W101.28360
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: Alexander D. Melville (1873-1949)

MHS Centennial Business: Manitoba Government Telephones / Manitoba Telephone System / MTS Allstream / Bell MTS

Sources:

This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 31 August 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.