MHS Smarty Party: 20 October 2022

Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Big Grass Marsh Monument (Plumas, Municipality of WestLake-Gladstone)

A plaque beside the Plumas Community Hall, in the Municipality of WestLake-Gladstone, commemorates the 50th anniversary of Ducks Unlimited Canada and its 1938 project to restore the Big Grass Marsh.

Big Grass Marsh commemorative monument

Big Grass Marsh commemorative monument (July 2017)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.38736, W99.08691
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Big Grass Marsh Monument (Gladstone, Municipality of WestLake-Gladstone)

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Big Grass Marsh Monument (Langruth, Municipality of WestLake-Gladstone)

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Duck Factory No. 1 Building (Oak Hammock Marsh, RM of Rockwood)

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Ducks Unlimited Monuments

Manitoba Organization: Ducks Unlimited Canada

Sources:

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 11 May 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.