A wooden grain elevator at the siding of Belleview, on the CNR Hartney Subdivision in the Rural Municipality of Sifton, was built in 1940 as part of the Manitoba Pool network. It closed on 31 July 1971 and was later removed from the site.
Agent / Buyer
H. C. Dimond
H. N. Lindsay
William A. Pierson
L. J. Burgess
B. J. Langan
David Warren Shewfelt
Frank C. Martell
Robert E. Klippenstein
G. W. Whitlaw
Aerial view of the grain elevator at Belleview (1968)
Source: Manitoba Air Photo Library, A20435-57
Site Location (lat/long): N49.60453, W100.85584
denoted by symbol on the map above
Aerial photo A20435-57, 1968, Air Photo Library of Manitoba.
Manitoba Pool Fonds, S. J. McKee Archives, Brandon University.
Page revised: 2 July 2017
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us keep history alive!