Historic Sites of Manitoba: Armistice School No. 2043 (RM of St. Andrews)
The Armistice School District was established in July 1920. A one-room schoolhouse operated at NW35-16-3E in the Rural Municipality of St. Andrews. By 1950, a new school was constructed, featuring an oil furnace and indoor washrooms. After the school and the district was dissolved, in 1967, the former school building was moved to the Teulon Museum.
The teachers of Armistice School were Mrs. Shepherd, Mrs. Chalmers, Ted Chalmers, Mr. Banning, Mr. Chidley, Mr. Fyles, Miss H. Medynski, Miss F. Campbell, Mr. McNicol, Mr. S. Herra, Miss V. Mair, Miss E. Epp, Mrs. T. King, Mr. S. Derda, Mr. Dunning, Mr. A. Koshelanyk, Miss D. Rochinski, Miss Loewan, Mr. Shewchuk, Miss J. Hagglund, and Miss Semeniuk.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Beyond the Gates of Lower Fort Garry 1880-1981: R.M. of St. Andrews by Municipality of St. Andrews, 1982. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5648.S22 Bey]
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 12 February 2014
Back to top of page