Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 139 years

 

Pay & Donate in the MHS Online Shop


Manitoba
History

No. 86


MHS Spring
Field Trip


This Old
Elevator


Abandoned
Manitoba


Memorable
Manitobans


Historic Sites
of Manitoba

Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church / St. Andrew’s United Church / Arden Museum (Arden, RM of Glenella-Lansdowne)

A museum in Arden, in the Rural Municipality of Glenella-Lansdowne, occupies the former St. Andrew’s United Church. Built in 1893 for a Presbyterian congregation, it became a United church in 1927. Its last service was held in 2014 and the church was closed in 2015. Now owned by the municipality, the museum is opened on weekends during the summer months and at other times by appointment.

4H monument

Site Location (lat/long): N50.27829, W99.27069
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

The Lansdowne Story by A. F. “Dick” McKenzie, 1967, page 49.

We thank Doris Shuttleworth and Tracey Winthrop-Meyers for providing information used here.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 17 February 2018

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

Back to top of page

   


To report an error on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2018 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.