Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Antwerpia School No. 1784 (RM of Alonsa)

The Antwerpia School District was established in April 1915 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NE1-24-14W in the Rural Municipality of Alonsa. In 1967, the district was dissolved and its area became part of the Ste. Rose du Lac Consolidated School District and later the Turtle River School Division.

Antwerpia School

Antwerpia School (no date) by H. J. Everall
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-3, page 35.

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N51.04499, W99.29082
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

Valpoy West topographic map, 62O/3 West, Edition 1, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 2 April 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.