Historic Sites of Manitoba: Birthplace of the Anglican Church in Western Canada Plaque (135 Anderson Avenue, Winnipeg)
This large stone tablet located on the east side of St. John’s Anglican Cathedral details the historic development of this site through the construction of several churches beginning in 1822.
Birthplace of the Anglican Church in Western Canada Plaque (2010)
Source: City of Winnipeg
Site Location (lat/long): N49.92080, W97.12428
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. John’s Cathedral and Cemetery (Winnipeg)
Information for this page was provided by The City of Winnipeg’s Planning, Property and Development Department, which acknowledges the contribution of the Government of Manitoba through its Heritage Grants Program.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 17 February 2012
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.