Historic Sites of Manitoba: J. R. Amos Blacksmith Shop (101 Second Street, Waskada)
This building in the village of Waskada, a municipally-designated historic site that is now part of the Waskada Museum, was once home to the thriving blacksmith business of James Renwick “Ren” Amos (c1870-1965). It is unusual in its construction, being of poured, formed concrete, an early example of that technology from around 1900.
J. R. Amos Blacksmith Shop (September 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.09651, W100.79946
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Waskada Museum (Railway Avenue, Waskada)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Obituary [James Renwick (Ren) Amos], Winnipeg Free Press, 8 November 1965, page 28.
J. R. Amos Blacksmith Shop, 101 Second Street, Waskada, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 25 March 2013
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.