Historic Sites of Manitoba: Agriculture School No. 1802 (RM of Grahamdale)
The Agriculture School District was organized formally in August 1915 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NW34-23-5W in the Rural Municipality of Woodlea, in what later became the Rural Municipality of Grahamdale. In 1936, the district became part of the Woodlea Municipal School District.
Among the teachers at Agriculture School were Sophie Szwaluk (1941-1942), Peggy Florence Karlowsky (1942-1943), and Esther Marie Mallerson (1945-1946).
School District Formation Files [Woodlea Municipal School District No. 1589, Agriculture School District No. 1802], GR1688, E0027, Archives of Manitoba.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Manitoba School Records Collection, Agriculture School District #1802 - Daily Registers, GR3613, Archives of Manitoba.
Manitoba School Records Collection, Agriculture School District #1589 - Daily Registers, GR3613, Archives of Manitoba.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 9 March 2019
Back to top of page